Assemble the Canopy with the Frame:
- Stand the umbrella frame upright.
- Manually unlock the arms by spreading the arms to approximately 1/4 the way open.
- Lay the canopy over the frame.
- Insert the end of each arm into the corresponding canopy corner pocket.
- Do not over tension the arms as they may bend and will have to be replaced.
- Open and close the umbrella by moving the lift ring up and down.
- Secure the umbrella in the open position be inserting the pin between adjacent post wires above one spacer and below the lower ring of the lift ring.
- For prolonged use secure the lift ring with a safety tie to prevent slippage.
Assemble the Umbrella into the Base or Extension:
- The lower most portion of the umbrella and extension is a blade portion.
- The upper most portion of the extension and base is a receiving portion.
- To mount the umbrella onto the base insert the blade portion of the umbrella into the receiving portion of the base.
- To mount the umbrella onto the extension insert the blade portion of the umbrella into the receiving portion of the extension.
- To mount the extension onto the base insert the blade portion of the extension into the receiving portion of the base.
- Reverse the respective step to dis-assemble the umbrella from the base or extension.
Assemble the Safety Ties to Secure the Umbrella:
- To secure the base, extension and umbrella to one another wrap a nylon safety tie around one post wire just above the blade potion then wrap that tie through the ring at the top of the to the base upright or extension then insert the point end of the tie into the receiving end of the tie and pull snug. This will keep the base, extension and umbrella respectively, connected and prevent them from disengaging if blown over in high wind and, as a connected unit, will make it more difficult for someone to take and walk off with the umbrella.
- To keep the umbrella securely open simultaneously wrap a nylon tie around one of the rings of the lift ring and one of the spacers of the post then insert the point end of the tie into the receiving end of the tie and pull snug. this will prevent the umbrella from inadvertently closing in inclement weather.
- To secure the umbrella to a plant in a pot or in the ground warp a nylon tie around one of the wires of the post and then wrap the tie completely around the trunk of the plant then insert the point end of the tie into the receiving end of the tie and pull snug. It may take more than one tie to perform this step. The ties can link by inserting the point of the first tie into the receiving end of a second tie, and so on. This will tend to keep the umbrella with the plant and make it more difficult for someone to take and walk off with the umbrella or the wind to blow the umbrella away.
Assemble the Flash Light Holder on to the Umbrella
- Re-verify the flashlight is working by depressing the switch on the back end of the flash light. Insure the paper insulator between the battery pack and the lamp has been removed.
- With the hooked end of the holder up, insert the flashlight into the ringed receiving port; lamp end down shines the light down and lamp end up shines the light up.
- Hook the hooked end of the holder between the post wires and over a spacer of the post, higher or lower for desired lighting effects.
- Turn the flashlight on and off by depressing the switch at the back of the flashlight. Battery life is limited so turn off the flashlight after use.
- To replace batteries remove (unscrew) the back of the flashlight, then remove the battery pack, then remove the three batteries from the pack keeping track of he orientation of the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of each battery. Replace with 3 new AAA batteries by inserting the new batteries into the pack maintaining the original positive and negative orientation of each battery. Replace the battery pack into the flashlight insuring the arrow on the side of the battery pack is point towards the lamps then replace (screw on) the back of the battery. Test operation by depressing the switch at the back of the flashlight.